This is a recipe i have borrowed from Jeff and modified. He adds seaweed or raw spinach, cooked cellophane noodles, and small shrimp to his. His is delish. So is mine. But mine is quick and easy!
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled & seeded
- 1 small onion, sliced very, very thin
- 1 med to large carrot, peeled
- 1/3 cup Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Slice the cucumber into very thin bite-sized pieces
- Grate the carrot, or shave it and cut the shavings into thin bite-sized slivers
- Separate the onion rings; mix the vegetables
- Heat the vinegar and sugar (I use microwave) until the sugar is dissolved
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables and toss.
- Give the salad a stir every hour or so while you chill it until serving
- Chill at least one hour
- As you eat the salad and you have vinegar left, just add more cuke, etc