Contributed by Julie Castle
- 8 oz. vegetable spiral pasta
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 8 oz. medium black olives, drained and pitted
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 – 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- toasted pine nuts
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- Cook the pasta to your preference.
- While cooking pasta, mix the dressing ingredients.
- After draining pasta, while hot, add the dressing. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add onion, pepper, olives, cheese, and carrots to pasta. Chill
- Serve on bed of mixed greens garnished with tomatoes and pine nuts
- Toni and I would go to the Waterworks Restaurant in Winooski, Vermont just for this salad. When we last went they had taken it off the menu. This represents the best attempt so far to recreate the salad. The dressing recipe is found in the Silver Palate Cookbook.